919 West Gordon St.
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717) 555 - 6217
Position as a staff writer for a major metropolitan newspaper.
- Feature of the Year, 2005, for: Building More Prisons: When Retribution Hinders Rehabilitation.
- Wade Teagle Fellowship in Journalism Studies, 1999
- Morris K. Udall Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Journalism, 1997
Harrisburg Patriot News, Harrisburg, PA
Feature Writer, 2004 to Present
Feature reporter, covering political and social issues in the Harrisburg area.
Public Opinion, Chambersburg, PA
Editor: Local News Section, 2000 to 2004
Reported on a variety of stories citywide. Provided daily coverage of major local events.
Athens Journal, Athens, OH
Staff Writer, 1997 to 2000
Covered local sports at high school and college levels. Averaged feature sports stories each week and numerous shorter game summaries.
Covered meetings of the local board of supervisors, courts, and marina governing board. Averaged two stories a week.
Ohio University, Athens, OH
B.A., Journalism, 1997
Morris K. Udall Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Journalism
Download this sample now:
As we have mentioned above, it is strongly recommendable to submit an outstanding resume, thus choose one journalist resume sample and add your own information. Notice that both resumes have different structures and styles.
120 East College Avenue,
Looking for a very challenging and responsible role as a journalist.
Summary of Qualification:
- Experienced journalist with 7 years in the field.
- Good command of Spanish and French language.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral.)
- Responsible, well-oriented and committed.
- In-depth knowledge of complex politics matters.
- Proficient in MS Office (word, excel, power point.)
The Sun, Tallahassee, FL
- Gathered information and reported daily news.
- Wrote several articles about local news.
- Assisted on investigation projects about social problems.
- Attracted a wide readership of more than 200,000 people.
- Took final decisions about content and design.
Part Time Writer 2004-2008
The New York Times, Tallahassee, FL
- Responsible for the newspaper's economy section; wrote numerous articles of approximately 1000 words each.
- Developed social blogs and contributed to the design of the newspaper's website.
- Edited and proofread articles, reports and stories.
- Prepared written content for headline news and for the editorial section.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism (2003)
Oglesby Union at the Florida State University, Tallahassee.
Mr. Rose White
The New York Times
Download this sample now: